How to Buy a licence Online for fishing in England & Wales

You need a rod fishing licence to fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel with a rod and line in:

England (except the River Tweed), Wales and the Border Esk region of Scotland. You must always carry your rod fishing licence when you’re fishing or you could be prosecuted.

The video below provides a step by step tutorial on how to buy fishing licence online.

Produced and recorded by the Angling Trust Building Bridges Project and supported by the Environment Agency.

To buy rod licence online visit: